March 23, 2008

Site 21 (March 23, 2008)

As my family and I were returning from Decatur, AL today, we noticed a sign on Highway 31 N directing us to the Swan Creek birding site- Site 21. We had spare time, so I decided to check the Swan Creek site out. Unfortunately, someone must have torn down some of the signs directing us to Site 21. We saw the Swan Creek management area- but I'm not sure if it were the birding site setup by the North Alabama Birding Trail. It is annoying when people tear down expensive signs.

I will be making a return trip to the Swan Creek area- it was really pretty and looked like a perfect habitat for wetland birds.

1 comment:

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

Hi Daniel. I've wondered about Swan Creek, and have been meaning to go there myself. There's a sign on Highway 31, close to Calhoun, that points travelers to the Swan Creek something weird, like shooting range or hunting fields, or the like so I have my doubts about exactly what it is. Must Google or ask Damien this Sunday! Methinks Swan Creek has some issues. Best guess.